Linggo, Setyembre 4, 2011

Sports Quotes

  • "You can't climb up to the second floor without a ladder....When you set your aim too high and don't fulfill it, then your enthusiasm turns to bitterness. Try for a goal that's reasonable, and then gradually raise it."
    -- Emil Zatopek
  • "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play."
    -- 1992 - Pat Williams, Orlando Magic general manager, on his team's 7-27 record
  • "Mind is everything: muscle--pieces of rubber. All that I am, I am because of my mind."
    -- Paavo Nurmi
  • "I told him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"
    -- 1991 - Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player
  • "Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."
    -- Percy Cerutty
  • "It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    -- Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner
  • "The mastery of the true self, and the refusal to permit others to dominate us is the ultimate in living, and self-expression in athletics."
    -- Percy Cerutty
  • "If you can't win, make the fellow ahead of you break the record."
    -- Unknown
  • "I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark."
    -- Muhammad Ali
  • "There's nobody you'd rather beat than your good friend."
    -- Charles Barkley, about playing against Michael Jordan, 1993.
  • "What a player does best, he should practice least. Practice is for problems."
    -- Duke Snider
  • "We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."
    -- Emil Zatopek
  • "Mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like muscles of the body."
    -- Lynn Jennings
  • "It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am."
    -- Muhammad Ali
  • "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."
    -- Paul Brown
  • "I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been."
    -- Wayne Gretzky
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you never take."
    -- Wayne Gretzky
  • "It's not bragging if you can back it up."
    -- Muhammad Ali


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento