Linggo, Setyembre 4, 2011

Food-Quotes

  • "What is food to one man may be fierce poison to others." -- Lucretius. 95-55 B. C.
  • "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -- Harriet Van Horne
  • "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." -- Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
  • "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
  • "A man may be a pessimistic determinist before lunch and an optimistic believer in the will's freedom after it." -- Aldous Huxley
  • "I don't even butter my bread; I consider that cooking." -- Katherine Cebrian
  • "Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -- Albert Einstein
  • "I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me." -- Alex Poulos
  • "Non ut edam vivo, sed vivam edo. I do not live to eat, but eat to live." -- Quintilianus, Instituitio oratoria
  • "Let the stoics say what they please, we do not eat for the good of living, but because the meat is savory and the appetite is keen." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • "Laughter is brightest, in the place where the food is." -- Irish proverb
  • "There is no love sincerer than the love of food." -- George Bernard Shaw
  • "When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other." -- Chinese proverb
  • "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -- Virginia Woolf
  • "All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast." -- John Gunther
  • "Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork." -- English Proverb
  • "I have no doubt that it is part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals as surely as the savage tribes left off eating each other." -- Henry David Thoreau
  • "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." -- unknown

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento